Puff pastry packet for the crust!
1/2 kg boiled chicken - I use boneless chicken breasts, prepare it by cutting into small pieces.
1/4 cup butter/cooking oil
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 cups milk - I use low fat :)
1 cube chicken stock - I make them ;)
1/4 tsp black/white pepper
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Garnish - Egg yolks for a shiny coat!
1. Spread the puff pastry and cut circles (if you don't have cutters you can use bowls and glasses!) in sizes that will match your oven plate - Its the first time I use my silicon lakeland oven trays, LOVE!
2. Place the puff pastry circles on your tray.
3. Filling Job: at a medium heat start by adding the butter then the flour , mix until golden. Add Milk and chicken stock cube and pepper, mix until thick enough. Add chicken, mix and take the pan away from the heat. Add mozzarella and again... mix :p
5. Fill the crusts.
6. Cover with smaller circle - use the extra puff pastry from around the circles to garnish, I used heart and camera cookie cutters.
7. leave in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden!
Incase you haven't noticed I'm obssessed with puff pastry!